11 Days Kenya & Tanzania Safari
11 Days Kenya and Tanzania safari is one of the best East Africa safari packages where a traveler gets a chance to explore the amazing attractions in the best national parks. 11 days of experiencing wildlife in two countries both known for amazing wildlife experiences in Kenya and Tanzania as seen in the itinerary below;
Highlights of the safari
- Day 1: Pick Up in Nairobi & Transfer to Tsavo east
- Day 2: Transfer to Tsavo west
- Day 3: Transfer to Amboseli national park
- Day 4: Transfer from Amboseli national park to Nairobi
- Day 5: Transfer to Masai Mara
- Day 6: Full day Masai Mara
- Day 7: Transfer to Serengeti national park
- Day 8: Full day Serengeti national park
- Day 9: Hot air balloon in Serengeti national park
- Day 10: Transfer to Ngorongoro
- Day 11: Transfer to Arusha
Day 1: Pick Up in Nairobi & Transfer to Tsavo East
- Pick Up in Nairobi & Transfer to Tsavo east: You will be met by your guide in Nairobi and you will be briefed about the details of your trip. After the briefing, you will proceed to Tsavo East national park with a stop at the Bachuma gate. You will proceed to enter into the national park where you will have an enroute game drive as you proceed to your lodge. During the game drive, you will see wildlife species such as elephants, lions, cheetahs, antelopes, rhinos, zebras, giraffes, dik-dik, lesser kudu, buffalos among others. After your game drive, you will have dinner and overnight at Voi safari lodge.
Day 2: Transfer to Tsavo west
- Transfer to Tsavo west: After breakfast at your lodge, you will check out of the lodge. You will have an enroute game drive as you drive out of Tsavo East national park and proceed to Tsavo west national park. During your enroute drive in Tsavo west national park, you will see a variety of wildlife species as they graze in the savannah plains of the national. You will check-in at your lodge and have lunch after which you will relax at your lodge as you prepare for another game drive later in the day. You will also visit the rhino sanctuary where you will get to see the endangered rhino species. You will have dinner and overnight at Ngulia safari lodge.
Day 3: Transfer to Amboseli national park
- Transfer to Amboseli: On the 3rd day of your safari, you will wake up and have an early breakfast at your lodge. After breakfast, you will check out of the lodge and have an enroute game drive as you embark on your journey to Amboseli national park. In Amboseli national park, you will enjoy beautiful views of Africa’s highest mountain which is Mt Kilimanjaro as you have an enroute game drive where you will see a variety of wildlife species such as elephants, lions, leopards, cheetahs, jackals, serval cats, giraffes, gazelles, zebras among others. you will proceed to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Sentrim Amboseli lodge.
Day 4: Transfer from Amboseli national park to Nairobi
- Transfer to Nairobi: You will have breakfast at your lodge in Amboseli national park and then check out of the lodge. After checking out of the lodge, you will have an enroute game drive as you proceed to Nairobi where you will have a brief city tour and proceed to your hotel for dinner and overnight at Jacaranda hotel.
Day 5: Transfer to Masai Mara
- Transfer to Masai Mara: After breakfast at your hotel, you will be driven to Masai Mara national reserve with a stop in Narok town where the Masai people live and you will interact with the Masai people and learn more about their culture, see traditional arts and crafts, listen to folk stories and watch traditional dance performances. After the cultural experience in Narok, you will proceed to Masai Mara where you will check-in at your lodge. You will also have an evening game drive to experience the beautiful wilderness of Masai Mara where you will see a variety of wildlife species for which this reserve is known such as the big five which are lions, leopards, elephants, buffalos, and rhinos. Other wildlife species include zebras, wildebeest, gazelles, antelopes, cheetahs, hyenas and many others. After the game drive, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Ol Moran camp.
Day 6: Full day Masai Mara
- Full day Masai Mara: You will have an early breakfast at your lodge as you prepare for a whole day adventure in the plains of the different parts of the Masai Mara. After breakfast, you will explore the wild with your packed lunches as you watch the different wildlife and bird species in the reserve at different times of the day and learn more about their behavior in terms of feeding habits, survival and many other aspects about the wildlife as you enjoy the scenery. After the game drive, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Ol Moran camp.
Day 7: Transfer to Serengeti national park
- Transfer to Serengeti: You will have a very early breakfast and checkout from the lodge by 6:00 am. You will have a game drive on your way to Isebania, this day will take you to another side of Masai Mara as you exit the park via the Olololo gate in Mara west. Upon arrival at the border, the customs office will do clearance after which proceed to Serengeti National Park where you will enter the park with the game drive lasting up to 2 hours as you enjoy the plains of Serengeti. The Serengeti allows you to see the big five game in plenty. Dinner and overnight at Osinon camps and lodges.
Day 8: Full day Serengeti national park
- Full day Serengeti Experience: You will have an early breakfast at your lodge. After breakfast, you will have a wildlife viewing experience along the Sogore River Circuit, which loops into the plains south of the Seronera River where you will see wildlife species such as Lion, Thomson gazelle, topi, ostrich and cheetah. You will also visit the Visitor Centre which is found close to the Serengeti Seronera Lodge and public campsites after the morning game drive. At the visitor center, you will see many different local art and craftwork. You will also have a lunch break at the center in the shade of the giant acacia trees.
- Kopjes Circuit: Later in the afternoon, you will follow the Kopjes Circuit, which goes anti-clockwise around the Maasai Kopjes, which usually attracts a number of lion and some formidably large cobras. Kopjes are weathered granite outcrops, scattered around the plains, most of which are miniature ecosystems, providing shade and drinking water in pools left in the rock after the rains. After touring the kopjes, you will proceed to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Osinon camps and lodges.
Day 9: Hot air balloon in Serengeti national park
- Hot air balloon in Serengeti: Rising at dawn for an early morning breakfast, you will be driven to the starting point of balloon safari and be briefed by the guide then take off with the balloon to have an aerial view of the park and enjoy watching different wildlife species. You will see various wildlife species during your hot air balloon experience such as predators hunting as well as other wildlife species which include Elephants, Zebras, Giraffes, Impala, Topi, Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, waterbuck, wild dogs, Jackals, Warthogs, Hippos, Nile crocodiles, Gazelle among others. After the morning Serengeti Balloon returns back to the lodge for lunch, you will find the driver waiting for you at your landing point drive you the lodge refresh yourselves from such a wonderful experience. Later in the afternoon, you will have another game drive as you watch the beautiful sunset and see various wildlife species. You will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Osinon camps and lodges.
Day 10; transfer to Ngorongoro
After an early breakfast at the lodge you will be transferred to Ngorongoro Conservation Area. You will stopover at Olduvai Gorge (optional), boasting with a history dating back to the dawn of time. It was here, that the anthropologists Drs. Lois and Mary Leakey discovered the skulls of ‘Nutcracker Man’ and ‘Handy Man’, known as the early men.
You will also descend into the Ngorongoro Crater to view wildlife for the rest of the day and enjoy the beautiful scenery around the crater area. Supported by a year round water supply and fodder, the Ngorongoro National Park supports a vast variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, eland, warthog, zebra, buffalo, hippo, and giant African elephants, lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and leopard. We shall then visit Lake Magadi, a large but shallow alkaline lake in the southwestern corner, which is one of the main features of the crater. A large number of flamingos, hippos and other water birds are usually found here. You will have dinner and overnight at Rhino lodge.
Day 11; transfer to Arusha
You will have an early breakfast at your lodge and then check out of the lodge. After checking out, you will proceed to drive to Arusha where your guide will drop you off at your preferred location which will mark the end of your trip.
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers complementary to all our clients.
- Transportation as per itinerary.
- Accommodation per itinerary or similar with a request to all our clients.
- Meals as per itinerary B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner.
- Services literate English driver/guide.
- National park & game reserve entrance fees as per itinerary.
- Excursions & activities as per itinerary with a request
- Recommended Mineral Water while on safari.
- Visas and related costs.
- Personal expenses
- Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls and other items of a personal nature.
- International flights.
- Optional excursions and activities not listed in the itinerary