3 Days Mountain Rwenzori Hiking safari
3 Days Mountain Rwenzori Hiking safari is an adventurous safari package offering a short interesting hiking experience on mountain rwenzori the highest mountain in Uganda standing at the elevation of 5,109 meters. Mountain Rwenzori is an exceptional mountain lieing close to the equator in the south but still it is capped with snow, the mountain consists of many trails which can be used in hiking experience and on this safari hikers can use either Rwenzori central circuit or Kilembe trekking route. This safari begins from Kampala and ends in the same city, the age limit for hikers is 15 years old.
Highlights of the 3 Days Mountain Rwenzori Hiking safari
- Day 1: transfer from Kampala to mountain rwenzori in western Uganda
- Day 2: trek to Sine camp
- Day 3: Descend back to the foothills of mountain Rwenzori and transfer back to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to mountain rwenzori in western Uganda
- Transfer from Kampala: On the first day of the safari you will be picked up from your hotel in Kampala after breakfast, your safari driver will brief you about the safari and set off heading to Kasese in western Uganda which is a drive of about 8 hours. On your way you will have a stopover in Mubende for lunch then proceed with the remaining journey to Kasese, you will get in Kasese in late afternoon then check into your lodge and in the evening you will have dinner and stay overnight.
- Accommodation is got from; Luxury: Kazinga Wilderness Safari camp, Midrange: Elephant plains lodge, and Budget: Tropical Savannah guest house
Day 2: Trek to Sine camp
- Trek to Sine camp: On the second day of the safari you will have early morning breakfast and transfer to the foot hills of Mountain Rwenzori to start your hike aiming to Sine Hut, this hike is between the elevation range of 1,450 to 2,680 meters and it starts from the valley on a trail through Afro Montane forest zone. In these forests you get a chance to spot forest birds, blue monkeys and troupes of colobus monkeys with individuals of 15-20 as they play on tree tops. As the hike continues you are rewarded with rare sightings of L’Hoest monkeys which is a significant primate to the Bukonzo culture, L’Hoest is part of the Bukonzo cultural emblems and it is protected by virtue of the Omusinga (king).The trails continues to run through beautiful plant and forest trees such as bamboo thickets, low shrubs, flowers, moss, fungi and lichen, as you approach Sine camp you will encounter Enock’s falls where you will enjoy magnificent views and take memorable pictures too as waters crush down on rock stones. You will have dinner and spend the night at Sine camp which lies at the altitude 2,596 meters, the camp consists of wooden huts and it set between forest trees on a narrow ridge. From the camp Enock’s falls is in a distance of 200 meters meaning the waterfalls are visible from the camp.
- Accommodation is got from Sine camp
Day 3: Descend back to the foothills of mountain Rwenzori and transfer back to Kampala
- Descend and transfer back to Kampala: On the third of the safari you will have breakfast at the camp and start of trek descending back to the foothills of mountain Rwenzori, when you reach the mountain foot hills you will set off for your drive back to Kampala. When you reach kampala you will be dropped off either at your hotel or at Entebbe international airport for your departure flight back home.
End of the safari
- airport transfers
- transportation in a 4X4 safari vehicle
- English speaking driver guide
- accommodation as per the itinerary
- delicious meals as the meal plan
- bottled drinking water
- hiking gears
- Rwenzori mountain national park entrance fees
- accommodation before and after the safari
- international flights fare
- personal expenses on items like tips, drinks and laundry