5 Days Uganda gorilla and wildlife safari
5 Day Uganda gorilla and wildlife safari will take you to some of Uganda’s famous national parks where you will see the endangered gorillas in Bwindi impenetrable forest where you will see a variety of primate species such as black and white colobus monkeys, vervet monkeys, red tailed monkeys, l’ hoest monkeys. You will also see the different birds as they chirp in the trees as well as many colorful butterflies. You will also have a cultural experience in different local communities such as the Batwa also known as the legendary forest dwellers in Bwindi national park. You will engage in activities such as game drives, a boat ride along kazinga channel, chimpanzee tracking and so much more.
Highlights of the 5 Days Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Experience
- Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Bwindi
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking
- Day 3: Transfer to Queen elizabeth park
- Day 4: Game Drive & Boat Cruise
- Day 5: Departure
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Bwindi
- Transfer to Bwindi: You will be picked up by your guide who will welcome you and brief you about your 5 days trip to Queen Elizabeth National Park and Bwindi impenetrable national park. You will drive out of the busy streets of Kampala city and proceed to the equator. At the equator, you will enjoy photographic moments and you will visit the local craft shops where you will see the local crafts and artworks which are handmade with local materials. After the equator experience, you will have a lunch break in Mbarara where you will experience the unique Ankole culture and learn more about their traditions, long-horned cattle, how they milk cows and make ghee locally and you will also visit the Igongo cultural center. After lunch, you will proceed to drive to Bwindi national park where you will have dinner and overnight at Buhoma haven lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: You will wake up for an early morning breakfast at your lodge. After your breakfast, you will be driven to the park headquarters to start your gorilla trekking experience. At the park headquarters, you will be briefed about the rules and regulations of gorilla trekking. You will also be divided into groups of 8 people to trek one gorilla group and spend 1 hour with the gorillas. During the gorilla trekking experience, you will follow different trails in the impenetrable forest as you search for the gorillas in their natural habitat. After the gorilla trekking experience, you will trek back to the briefing point at the park headquarters where you will be met by your guide who will drive you back to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Buhoma haven lodge.
Day 3: Transfer from Bwindi national park to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Transfer to Queen: You will wake up for an early breakfast at your lodge. After breakfast, you will check out of your lodge and proceed to drive out of Bwindi national park to Queen Elizabeth national park via the Ishasha sector. During the drive through the Ishasha sector, you will see the tree-climbing lions as they rest in the tree branches and watch their prey waiting to strike and feed on the prey. After your experience in the Ishasha sector, you will proceed to check-in at your lodge for dinner and overnight at Park view safari lodge.
Day 4: Morning game drive and evening boat cruise
- Game Drive: You will wake up for an early morning breakfast at your lodge after which your guide will take you for a morning game drive. During the morning game drive, you will see the beauty of the savannah plains and watch the different wildlife species which are more active during this time of day such as the lions in Ishasha sector and buffaloes, elephants, antelopes, waterbucks, leopards, warthogs, forest hogs, reedbucks, duikers grazing in the plains.
- Boat Cruise: After the game drive, you will return to your lodge to relax for a short while as you prepare for your evening boat cruise along the Kazinga channel. You will be driven to the spot where you will begin your evening boat cruise where you will see different bird species such as cormorants which crowd the water shores. Other bird species you will see during your evening boat ride include kingfisher, herons, hammerkops, starlings, martial eagle, and many others. You will also see hippos swimming in the water, buffalos, elephants and other wildlife species strolling not far from the water shore. After the boat cruise, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Park view safari lodge.
Day 5; Transfer to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: You will wake up for an early breakfast at your lodge. After breakfast, you will check out of the lodge and proceed to drive out of Queen Elizabeth national park. you will continue your journey to Kampala where your guide will drop you off at your preferred location in Kampala which will mark the end of your 5 Days Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Experience.
End of the 5 Days Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Experience