8 days Kenya Tanzania & Rwanda safari
8 days Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda safari experiences across different countries and engaging in a variety of activities and visiting different attractions while encountering unique cultures along the way as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights 8 days Kenya Tanzania & Rwanda safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara
- Day 2: Full day in Masai Mara
- Day 3: Transfer to Serengeti national park
- Day 4: Full day Serengeti
- Day 5: Transfer to Arusha
- Day 6: flight to Kigali and transfer to Ruhengeri
- Day 7: Gorilla trekking
- Day 8: Transfer to Kigali
Day 1: Transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara
- Transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara: Your first day of the 8 days safari will start with your guide meeting you and briefing you about your safari. After the briefing, you will be driven to Narok town which is located on the way to Masai Mara national reserve. At the stopover in Narok town, you will experience the Maasai culture where you will see different Maasai art and craft works made with beads in different colors and patterns. You will also have a chance to listen to local folk stories about the Masai people and their traditional nomadic way of life. Lunch will also be had in Narok town and you will continue with your journey to Masai Mara national reserve where you will check-in at your lodge for dinner and overnight at Ol Moran camp.
Day 2: Full day in Masai Mara
- Full day in Masai Mara: You will have an early breakfast served to you at your lodge and then you will proceed for your morning game drive where you will catch different sightings of wildlife species which are very active at this time of day. Wildlife species which can be seen in the open savannah of Full day in Masai Mara include the famous big five such as lions, elephants, rhinos, buffaloes, and leopards. Other wildlife species that can be seen during a game drive in Full day in Masai Mara include wildebeest, hartebeests, zebras, antelopes, kudus, giraffes, cheetahs, hyenas as well as a variety of bird species. You will experience the sunset during your evening game drive which you will have after returning to your lodge for lunch. Dinner and overnight will be at Ol Moran camp.
Day 3: Transfer to Serengeti national park
- Transfer to Serengeti national park: Breakfast will be served at your lodge and then you will check out of the lodge. After checking out of the lodge, you will enjoy an enroute game drive to get another wildlife viewing experience as you proceed to the Isebania border to cross to Tanzania where you will clear with customs and then proceed for another wildlife viewing experience in the open plains of Serengeti national park. You will see a variety of wildlife species such as the big five which includes the lions, leopards, buffalos, elephants and rhinos as well as other wildlife such as giraffes, zebras, wildebeests, waterbucks, hartebeests, antelopes, hippos, hyenas among others. After the game drive, you will proceed to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Osinon camps and lodges.
Day 4: Full day Serengeti
- Full day Serengeti: You will have a full day in this wonderful park, rising early for breakfast. You will visit the best spotting locations for wildlife viewing such as the Hippo pool. You will watch these majestic animals laze about in the cool water happily living alongside the crocodiles, watch a big pride of lions, be in the middle of the migration, sometimes surrounded by wildebeest, sometimes by zebras, which travel with the wildebeest. You will also enjoy driving in the wide-open plains to the kopjes: these volcanic rocky outcrops provide protection and shelter for a wide variety of animals such as lions which can be seen as they watch their prey grazing in the plains of the national park. And from the top, you can look out across the vast grasslands of the Serengeti. You will also see the diverse and interesting landscape as well as plain games such as elephants, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, lions, leopard, and cheetah, as well as huge amounts of the interesting birdlife, from the elegant secretary birds to the flightless ostrich. After this experience, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Osinon camps and lodges.
Day 5: Transfer to Arusha
- Transfer to Arusha: After breakfast at your lodge, you will check out of your lodge and proceed to Arusha where you will have a city tour and your guide will drive you to your hotel where you will enjoy your lunch and relax. You will also have dinner and spend the night at Tulia boutique hotel and spa.
Day 6: Flight to Kigali and transfer to Ruhengeri
- Flight to Kigali and transfer to Ruhengeri: You will have your morning breakfast served at your hotel before checking out. You will be driven to the airport for your flight to Kigali. On arrival in Kigali, you will be met by your Rwanda guide who will welcome you and also brief you. You will have a city tour around Kigali where you will visit the genocide sites as well as the Kimironko market to experience the local culture. You will also have your lunch in Kigali and later you will continue to Ruhengeri for dinner and overnight at Hotel Muhabura.
Day 7: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla trekking: Your gorilla trekking experience will start with early morning breakfast at your lodge. After breakfast, you will be driven to the national park headquarters for briefing. The long-awaited search for gorillas in their natural habitat will commence in the company of rangers as you trek along different trails following the gorilla movements. You will have your lunch after your gorilla trek and then your guide will drive you to lodge for dinner and overnight stay at Hotel Muhabura.
Day 8: Transfer to Kigali
- Transfer to Kigali: Wake up for breakfast at your hotel and then check out of the hotel. You will proceed to Kigali where your guide will drop you off at your preferred location which will mark the end of your safari.
End of 8 Days Kenya Tanzania & Rwanda safari
The safari and tour prices below include
- all-day game drives as per sample itinerary
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Animal tours according to your itinerary preferences
- Private 4-wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Professional safari and tour guide/driver
- All national park fees
- All meals on the safari
- All game viewing activities specified
- Price quoted per person sharing
- Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
- Concession fees
- Gorilla trekking permits
The safari and tour prices below exclude
- Drinks and mineral water before and after the safari
- Items of personal nature such as Laundry, alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- International and local airfares
- Airport taxes Any airport transfers & hotel accommodation before / after the safari
- Entry visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- Any item not included in the itinerary