8 days Kenya Uganda Rwanda & Congo safari
8 days Kenya Uganda Rwanda & Congo safari is a fun filled experience with an adventure across the best of East Africa’s attractions in wildlife.
Highlights of the 8 days Kenya Uganda Rwanda & Congo safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Nairobi to the Masai Mara
- Day 2: Full Day at the Masai Mara
- Day 3: Flight to Entebbe
- Day 4: Transfer to Bwindi
- Day 5: Gorilla trekking
- Day 6: Transfer to Gisenyi
- Day 7: Nyiragongo Hiking
- Day 8: Descend Nyiragongo & transfer to Kigali
Day 1: Transfer from Nairobi to the Masai Mara
- Transfer to Masai Mara: You will be met by your guide who will welcome you and brief you about your itinerary. After the briefing, you will proceed to Masai Mara national reserve. You will have a stopover in Narok town where you will experience the culture of the Maasai people as you visit the craft shops and see the local art and craftwork such as beaded jewelry like necklaces, earrings, bracelets which are made in different unique patterns. You will then proceed to your lodge where you will check-in and have lunch. You will have an evening game drive later during the day and you will see a variety of wildlife species such as prides of lions, elephants, buffalos, giraffes, leopards, Rhinos, Zebras, wildebeest among others as well as a variety of bird species. After your evening game drive, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Ol Moran camp, Mara sopa lodge.
Day 2: Full Day at the Masai Mara
- Full-Day Masai Mara: You will have an early breakfast at your lodge as you prepare for a full day of exploring the plains of Masai Mara national reserve as you search for the different wildlife species. During the morning game drive, you will see a variety of wildlife species such as the big five which includes Leopards, Lions, Elephants, Buffalos, and Rhinos since they are more active at this time of day. You will have lunch in the wilderness of the reserve as you enjoy the beautiful scenery and watch the wildlife species grazing and roaming in the distant plains. After lunch, you will have another game drive where you will see wildlife species such as Giraffes, elands, wildebeest, zebras, topis among others. after your afternoon game drive, you will return to your lodge where you will have dinner and overnight at Ol Moran camp, Mara Sopa lodge.
Day 3: Flight to Entebbe
- Flight to Entebbe: After breakfast at your lodge, you will proceed to the airstrip in the Masai Mara reserve for your flight to Entebbe. You will proceed to your hotel for dinner and overnight at 2 friend’s hotel, Protea Hotel Entebbe.
Day 4: Transfer to Bwindi
- Transfer to Bwindi: After breakfast at your hotel in Entebbe, you will proceed to Bwindi Impenetrable national park. You will have a stopover at the equator for photo moments and to have a brief relaxation and then proceed to Igongo cultural center for lunch. At Igongo, you will see different local arts and crafts and learn about the Ankole culture. After lunch, you will proceed to drive to Bwindi national park. On arrival in Bwindi national park, you will check-in at your lodge. After checking in at your lodge, you will go for a community walk where you will spend time with the batwa people who are forest dwellers who practice hunting and fruit gathering for food and medicine. After the batwa experience, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Buhoma haven lodge, Buhoma lodge.
Day 5: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla trekking: You will wake up for an early morning breakfast at your lodge as you prepare for the day’s activity of gorilla trekking. You will go with your packed lunches for the gorilla trekking experience. On arrival at the park headquarters, you will be briefed about rules and regulations of gorilla trekking by the park rangers ahead of the gorilla trekking activity. After briefing you will be divided into groups of 8 people and each group will be assigned a ranger to guide you during the gorilla trekking experience. After being divided into groups, each group will be allocated a gorilla family to trek. During the gorilla trekking experience, you will follow different trails as you search for the gorillas in their natural habitat. After the gorilla trekking experience, you will trek back to the briefing point at the park headquarters where you will be met by your guide who will drive you back to your lodge for dinner and overnight at buhoma haven lodge.
Day 6: Transfer to Gisenyi
- Transfer to Gisenyi: After breakfast at your lodge, you will embark on your journey to Gisenyi with a stopover enroute at the twin lakes. You will have lunch in Musanze after which you will proceed to your hotel in Gisenyi for dinner and overnight at Lac Kivu lodge.
Day 7: Nyiragongo Hiking
- Nyiragongo Hiking: You will depart Gisenyi early morning and cross the Congo border. Report to Bukima and start your Nyiragongo hike with overnight at the summit where you will enjoy exciting views of the lava lake.
Day 8: Descend Nyiragongo & transfer to Kigali
- Descend Nyiragongo & transfer to Kigali: You will descend Nyiragongo back to Bukima by 11 am and depart Congo transferring to Kigali arriving in the late afternoon or early evening. Have lunch and visit the genocide memorial site, visit the Kaplaki crafts village and transfer to your hotel or the airport for your departure flight.
End of the 8 days Kenya Uganda Rwanda & Congo safari
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Park entrance fees
- Camping fees
- Vehicle entrance fees
- all accommodation as per itinerary
- 4X4 safari vehicle & Fuel
- Full time English speaking driver/ guide
- Bottled mineral water while on safari
- Visa fees
- Air tickets
- All items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, beer, e.t.c
- Anything else not included in the itinerary