Baker’s lodge “Murchison falls”
Baker’s Lodge is a luxury accommodation facility offering accommodation to luxury tourists of Murchison falls national park and the neighboring protected areas, this beautiful lodge is an eco-friendly accommodation facility situated in the northwestern region of Uganda in Murchison falls national park. The lodge is appointed on the south bank of River Nile offering views of animals and birds which crowd the river, this lodge opened for service in 2015 and it boasts six beautifully appointed suites overlooking the magnificent River Nile and these suites were constructed using local materials thus offering a true African feeling while on your stay.
The lodge derives its name from the great English explorer Sir Samuel Baker and it features a feeling of African Olde of the explorers, the lodge is set amidst a primate area with direct access by a boat cruise and in a distance of 300 kilometers north of Kampala the capital city of Uganda.
Baker’s lodge is situated too close Masindi town and stands an elevation of 680 meters above the sea level, the lodge experiences average minimum temperatures of 25 degrees Celsius, maximum temperatures of 19 degrees and average annual rain falls of 89 millimeters.
Accommodation offered at Baker’s lodge
The lodge is a tranquil strictly luxury establishment offering accommodation to its visitors through its spacious thatched safari suites, the suites are established on a raised platform with a deck and pillar offering support from the ground. The suites offer a high sense of privacy and amazing views of river Nile, each suite is spacious and features netted widows with the opening options, customized solid wooden furniture, mosquito nets, locally crafted décor pieces and en-suite bathroom. The en-suite bathroom consists of shower and bath with water heated by solar.
Suites at the lodge are offered as single, double and twin
Facilities and services offered in Baker’s lodge
Baker’s lodge consists offers many facilities and services which are tailored to make a visitors stay comfortable and to fulfill their interests and desires, facilities and services include
- Central dining: Baker’s lodge has a restaurant with skilled chefs and a central dining offering mouth watering dishes, the lodge serves 3 course meals , hot beverages and snacks at a bar snacks.
- Bar and Lounge area: Baker’s lodge has an open air lounge with 180 degree views of River Nile, the bar at Baker’s lodge is a fully stocked with a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic brands.
- Wi-Fi: Baker’s lodge offers free Hi-Speed Wi-Fi which is accessed all around the lodge’s facility
- Airstrip transfers: Baker’s lodge offers transfers to tourists using air means of transport to connect to the lodge, the lodge offers transportation from Bugungu and Pakuba airstrip.
- Curio shop: Baker’s lodge has a curio shop selling souvenirs and African handmade craft items at a reasonable price.
- Swimming pool: Baker’s lodge has an outdoor swimming pool open for a swim to all visitors of the lodge, relaxing at the pool while enjoying a cooling waters is a perfect retreat after a day of activities in Murchison falls national park.
Activities offered by the lodge
The lodge offers safari activities to its visitors in Murchison falls national park, Budongo forest, local community and River Nile. Safari activities offered by the include
- fishing in river Nile
- boat cruise (both private and public)
- game drives
- bush walks
- community walks and projects
- chimpanzee tracking in Budongo forest
- Hot air ballooning
Directions to get to Baker’s lodge
The Lodge is easily accessed,
- from Kampala, you use Kampala – Gulu Highway Via Luwero to Kafu River Bridge which is a drive of 2-3 hours covering 40.9 kilometers
- turn right on Bobi- Masindi road and continue driving for 15 minutes as you look out for Murchison falls national park signage (a distance of 6 kilometers)
- turn left on a dirt road and continue to the entrance of Murchison falls national park (a drive of 15 kilometers and about 20 minutes)
- drive straight via Sambiya River Bridge (a drive of 63 kilometers and about 1 hour and 10 minutes)
- Look out for the signage of Baker’s lodge, turn left towards the gate and you are already in Baker’s lodge.
By air Baker’s lodge is accessed through domestic flights which are offered from Entebbe international airport to Bugungu airstrip and Pakuba airstrips, the schedule for these flights is a s follows
Pakuba Airstrip – 4 flights a week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Flights from Entebbe to Pakuba 12:00 13:00
- Flights from Pakuba to Entebbe 13:15 16:25
Bugungu Airstrip – 3 flights a week on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Flights from Entebbe to Bugungu 12:30 13:30
- Flights from Bugungu to Entebbe 13:45 16:30
Note: flights schedule changes at times so it is very important to inquire before from the flight company before booking.