10 Days Rwanda and Uganda safari
10 days Rwanda and Uganda safari is a fulfilled and adventurous safari to the land of a thousand hills and to the pearl of Africa as you experience different cultures and visit different destinations as seen in the itinerary below;
highlights of 10 days Rwanda and Uganda safari
- Day 1; pick up from Kigali and transfer to volcanoes
- Day 2; Bisoke hiking and Dian Fossey
- Day 3; transfer to Bwindi
- Day 4; gorilla trekking
- Day 5; transfer to queen
- Day 6; game drive and boat cruise
- Day 7; transfer to Mburo and night game drive
- Day 8; transfer to Kampala city tour
- Day 9; drive to Jinja, visit Mabira and source of the Nile
- Day 10; transfer to kampala
Day 1: Pick up from Kigali and transfer to volcanoes
- Pick up from Kigali: You will begin your safari in Kigali where your guide will welcome you and brief you about your safari. After briefing, you will enjoy the beautiful Kigali city as you explore the different sites around the city such as the genocide sites as well as kimironko market.
- transfer to volcanoes: You will also have lunch in Kigali and after enjoying the Rwandan cuisine, you will proceed to Ruhengeri where you will check-in at your lodge for dinner and overnight at Hotel Muhabura.
Day 2; Dian Fossey
- Dian Fossey: After enjoying breakfast at your lodge, you will proceed to enjoy your first adventure in Volcanoes national park which is the Dian Fossey trekking to Karisoke which starts with a briefing at the national park headquarters. After this activity, you will return to your lodge where you will have your lunch and relax as you wait for dinner and overnight at Hotel Muhabura.
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi
- Transfer to Bwindi: Wake up on the 3rd day of your safari and enjoy breakfast at your lodge after which you will check out of the lodge. You will embark on your journey to Bwindi impenetrable forest national park for another amazing experience. You will be driven to the Cyanika border where you will finish the necessary customs formalities and then you will continue to your lodge by your guide and you will have dinner and overnight at Ichumbi gorilla lodge.
Day 4: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla trekking: You will have early breakfast at your lodge and your guide will drive you to Bwindi impenetrable forest national park headquarters after breakfast for your briefing. After the briefing, you proceed to trek into the impenetrable forest with rangers who will guide you as you search for the gorillas in their natural habitat. The forest also inhabits other primate species apart from the endangered gorilla species and these include black and white colobus monkeys, red tailed monkeys, vervet monkeys, grey-cheeked mangabeys, l’hoest among others. You will also see various bird and butterfly species in the trees of the dense forest. After your gorilla trekking activity, you will return to the point where you had your briefing and your guide will drive you back to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Ichumbi gorilla lodge.
Day 5: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Transfer to Queen: Breakfast will be served early morning at your lodge ahead of your drive to Queen Elizabeth national park. You will check out of your lodge and you will be driven through the famous ishasha sector known for its tree-climbing lions as well as the spectacular open savannah plains which make up its surroundings. You will proceed to check-in and have dinner and also enjoy a relaxing night at Pumba cottages.
Day 6: game drive and boat cruise
- game drive: You will experience searching for wildlife early in the morning as you drive in Queen Elizabeth national park after breakfast at your lodge. You will catch sight of the various wildlife species such as Uganda kobs, antelopes, waterbucks, buffaloes, hippos among others which graze and roam around this national park actively especially during the morning hours of the day. You will return to your lodge after your morning game drive for lunch.
- boat cruise: Later in the evening, you will have a boat cruise along the Kazinga channel where you will catch sight of various wildlife species near the water shores as well as many flocks of birds coloring the water banks as you watch the beautiful sunset. You will proceed to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Pumba cottages.
Day 7: Transfer to Mburo and night game drive
- Transfer to Mburo: Another day of your safari will begin with breakfast at your lodge and then checking out of the lodge. Following your departure from Queen Elizabeth national park, you will proceed to Lake Mburo national park where you will check-in at your lodge and have lunch.
- Night game drive: You will enjoy a unique experience of a night game drive in the national park in search of the different wildlife species in this national park. During this experience, you will see the nocturnal creatures in the national park as you are accompanied by a ranger who will provide the necessary information about the creatures. After the night game drive, you will return to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Arcadia cottages.
Day 8: Transfer to Kampala city tour
- Transfer to Kampala: You will have breakfast at your lodge and complete the checking out formalities as you prepare for your journey to Kampala. You will be driven by your guide as you explore the wilderness of Lake Mburo national park on an enroute game drive. You will have a stopover at the equator to enjoy photographic moments. You will also enjoy watching experiments at the equator and also have a satisfactory lunch and also visit the craft shops to appreciate the beauty of local arts and crafts as well as see different souvenirs for your trip.
- After lunch, you will proceed to Kampala city where you will have a glimpse of the different landmarks and busy streets of Kampala. You will be driven to your hotel in Kampala for dinner and overnight at Protea hotel. Optionally, you will have an experience of the vibrant nightlife of Kampala and later return to your hotel for the night.
Day 9: Drive to Jinja, visit Mabira and source of the Nile
- Drive to Jinja, visit Mabira, and source of the Nile: You will have breakfast and then check out of your hotel. This will be followed by a drive to Jinja for an experience in the eastern part of Uganda. You will visit the Mabira forest and engage in zip lining as you experience the different tree species in the forest. You will continue with your journey to Jinja where you will have lunch and then continue for a visit to the source of the Nile for a memorable boat ride. You will be driven to your hotel in Jinja for dinner and overnight at Nile resort hotel.
Day 10: Transfer to Entebbe
- Transfer to Entebbe: Breakfast will be served at your hotel early in the morning as you prepare for your drive to Entebbe where your guide will drop you off at your preferred location which will mark the end of your safari.
End of the 10 days Rwanda and Uganda safari
- Airport Pick up and drop off
- Gorilla Permit
- Dian Fossey Hike
- 4X4 Safari vehicle and fuel
- Full time English speaking Guide/Driver.
- All accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals at the hotel
- Bottled drinking water while on safari.
- Boat cruise fees
- All park entry fees
- Air tickets.
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Beverages and meals not indicated in the itinerary,
- Portage and wait staff gratuity
- Any other item not included in the itinerary