3 Days Kidepo Flying Safari
3 days Kidepo flying safari is a short safari to kidepo valley national park, Kidepo national park has been recognized as one of the finest wilderness and national park in Africa dominated by savannah plains, the park is situated in north-East Uganda and it is a habitat to many wildlife species including the 4 of the big five that is lions, leopards, buffaloes, and elephants.
Highlights of the 3 Days Kidepo Flying Safari
- Day 1: Fly from Entebbe to kidepo national park and evening game drive
- Day 3: Morning game drive and guided nature walk
- Day 3: Visit the karamajongos and fly back to Entebbe
Detailed itinerary of the safari
Day 1: Fly from Entebbe to kidepo national park and evening game drive
- Fly from Entebbe to kidepo: The 1st day of the safari you will fly from Entebbe to Kidepo national park, after morning breakfast at your hotel in Kampala you will head to Entebbe international airport or Kajjansi airstrip to catch your flight Kidepo Valley national park using Kidepo airstrip. When you arrive in the park you will check into your lodge and rest for a while after lunch, in the evening you will go for an evening game drive. Evening game drive is one of the most interesting activities in Kidepo and with a help of a spot light you will see many animals such as lions, leopards, cheetahs which are seen lying on the rocks in Narus valley. Other animals spotted include Guenther’s dik-dik, reedbuck and many more.
- In the evening you will drive back to your lodge, have dinner and stay overnight.
- Accommodation is got from: Luxury: Apoka safari lodge, Midrange:Nga Moro lodge, and Budget: Apoka Bandas
- Meal plan: Half board (lunch and dinner)
Day 2: Morning game drive in Kidepo valley and nature walk
- Morning game drive in Kidepo valley and nature walk: The 2nd day of the safari is for a morning game drive and afternoon nature walk, after morning breakfast at your lodge you will to the park for a game drive in Narus valley and through the widow of your vehicle you will spot many animals such as elephants, leopards, bush duikers, jackal, bushbucks, bush pigs, kavirondo bushbaby, buffaloes and many more. In the afternoon you will drive back to your lodge for lunch and in the afternoon you will return to the park for a nature walk in the Kidepo river valley which lies between borassus palm forest. On the nature walk you will spot many birds, the beautiful landscape and visit Kanangorok hot springs. In the evening you will drive back to your lodge, have dinner and stay overnight.
- Meal plan: full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Day 3: Visit the karamajongos and fly back to Entebbe
Visit the karamajongos and fly back to Entebbe: The 3th day of the safari is for a visit to the Karamajongos and fly back to Entebbe for departure, after morning breakfast at your lodge you will go for a visit to the Karamajongos. The Karamajongos people are residents of the North-East region of Uganda and they possess some of the authentic cultural practices, traditions, and norms. On your visit to these people you will enjoy the Karamojong manyattas (homesteads built-in circular form), granaries storing food, cattle enclosures get a taste of local cuisines, learn how beautiful distinctive beads are made and meet the Karamojong who will narrate to you tribal folks, stories and beliefs. After the experience you will direct to kidepo airstrip to catch your flight back to Entebbe/Kajjansi, from the airport you will be drive back to your hotel in Kampala/Entebbe or catch your departure flight back home.
- Meal plan: half board (breakfast and lunch)
End of 3 Days Kidepo Flying Safari
- game drives
- 4X4 safari vehicle with fuel
- bottled mineral water
- cultural visits
- full-time English speaking guide and safari driver
- visa fees
- air ticket fees
- medical insurance
- extra personal expenses such as airtime, laundry
- Tips for waiters and guides