3 Days Mount Elgon hiking safari
3 days Mount Elgon hiking safari is a short safari package suitable for hikers with no too much time at hand, this safari offers hiking experience on mountain Elgon which is the 4th highest mountain in East Africa standing at the elevation of 4,321 meters above the sea level. Hiking mount Elgon leads to Wagagai peak and many trails are used to reach the peak.
This safari offers many amazing safari activities such as hiking, visiting Sipi falls and sights of gorges, hot springs, caves, gorges, animals and birds.
Highlights of the 3 days Mount Elgon hiking safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Mount Elgon in Mbale
- Day 2: hiking mountain Elgon experience
- Day 3:return to Kampala
Detailed itinerary of the safari
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Mount Elgon in Mbale
- Transfer from Kampala to Mount Elgon: On the 1st day of the safari you will be picked from Kampala after breakfast by your safari guide, have a short briefing and set off heading to eastern Uganda, on your way you will cross through various districts enjoying sights of Mabira forest, tea and sugarcane plantations in Lugazi, river Nile and Owen falls dam. You will have a stopover in Mbale town for lunch then proceed to Mount Elgon, on your arrival you will go on a visit to the incredible Sipi walls. At the falls you will enjoy amazing views of 3 waterfalls and take memorable pictures, in the evening you will have dinner and stay overnight.
- Accommodation is got from Sipi falls camp (budget) or Mbale resort Hotel (Luxury)
Day 2: hiking mountain Elgon experience
- hiking mountain Elgon: On the 2nd day of the safari you will wake up early in the morning, have breakfast and with your packed lunch you will drive to the park’s headquarters for briefing, get hiking equipment and drive to the starting point. Hiking mountain Elgon is done on various trails such as Kapkwai, Kapkwata, and Budadiri forest exploration centre, as you hike you will encounter various plant species, various physical features such as caves, gorges and scenic views. After reaching your destination as per your safari guide you will trek back to the starting point and head back to your lodge and in the evening you will have dinner and stay overnight at your lodge.
- Meal plan: full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Day 3: Return to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: On the third day of the safari you will early mouth-watering breakfast, checkout of your lodge and set off for Kampala, on your way you will have a stopover in Jinja town for lunch and visiting amazing and scenic sites such as Bujagali falls, the source of the Nile, itanda falls and many more. From Jinja you will proceed to Kampala and upon your arrival you will be dropped at the hotel or at Entebbe international airport for your departure flight.
- Meal plan: half board (breakfast and lunch)
End of 3 days Mount Elgon hiking safari
- mount Elgon hiking permit
- Ground transport
- Bottled water in the safari vehicle
- Full board accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary
- Service of an English-speaking driver guide
- Driver allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- All mentioned activities except for the optional ones
- Extras accommodation
- Personal expenses on items like drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Tips to porters and driver/ guide
- international flights