4 Days Akagera national park safari
4 Days Akagera national park safari is an incredible safari experience offering a visit to Akagera national park the only savannah national park in Rwanda, Akagera national park is located in the north-east region of Rwanda along the border of Rwanda and Tanzania. The park is a great home of mammals and birds offering numerous safari activities such as game drive, boat cruise, fishing, bird watching, and guided nature walks.
Highlights of the 4 days Akagera national park safari
- Day 1: Airport pickup and city tour
- Day 2: Transfer to Akagera national park and boat safari
- Day 3: Morning game drive and fishing experience
- Day 4: Morning game drive and depart for Kigali
Day 1: airport pickup and city tour
- The 1st day of the safari is for airport pickup and short city tour, upon your arrival at Kigali international airport you will be picked up by your safari driver and depending on your time of your arrival you will have a short city visiting sites like Kigali genocide centre, kimironko market and many more. In the evening after the drive, you will check into your hotel , have dinner and stay overnight .
- Accommodation is got from; Luxury: Kigali Serena hotel, Midrange: Ubumwe Grande Hotel, and Budget: Heartland hotel
- Meal plan: lunch and dinner
Day 2: transfer to Akagera national park and boat safari
- The 2nd day of the 4 Days Akagera National Park safari is for transfer from Kigali to Akagera national park and boat cruise on Lake Ihema, after morning breakfast at your hotel you will meet your safari driver and embark on your journey to Akagera national park. When you arrive in the park you will have lunch at your lodge/hotel and then go on for a boat cruise on Lake Ihema which is the second largest lake in Rwanda, this boat cruise offers an opportunity to spot abundant population of hippos and crocodiles. In the evening you will head back to your lodge, have dinner and stay overnight.
- Accommodation is got from: Luxury: Akagera game lodge, Midrange: Dereva hotel, Budget: Magashi camp
- Meal plan: full board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
Day 3: Morning game drive and fishing experience
- Morning game drive and fishing experience: The third day of the 4 Days Akagera National Park safari is for a morning game drive and fishing experience, after breakfast at your lodge you will meet your safari driver and head to the park for a game drive experience. on your drive in the short savannah plains you will spot many animals from the window of your vehicle, animals like lions, defassa waterbuck, semi-aquatic sitatunga, buffaloes, elephants, rhinos, elands, giraffes and many more. At lunch hour you will head back to your lodge for a delicious meal and in the afternoon you will return to the park for a fishing experience on either Lake Ihema or Shakani, on this experience you will catch various species of birds such as tilapias which you will smoke at a barbeque in the evening at your lodge. In the evening you will have dinner and stay overnight.
- Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Day 4: Morning games drive and depart for Kigali
- Morning games drive and depart for Kigali: The 4th and last day of the Rwanda safari for a morning game drive and depart for Kigali, you will wake up early in the morning and drive to the park for an early morning drive. on this experience you will spot many animals such as lions, leopards, civets, elephants, buffaloes and many more, after the game drive you will head back to your lodge for breakfast and after you will checkout of lodge and embark on your drive back to Kigali. When you reach Kigali you will have lunch and then be dropped off at your lodge or at the airport for your departure flight.
- Meal plan: breakfast and lunch
End of 4 Days Akagera National Park safari
- airport transfers
- full board accommodation
- entry charges to Akagera national park
- all safari activities listed in the itinerary
- guiding fees
- bottled mineral water throughout the safari
- transportation in a 4X4comfortable safari vehicle
- services of a full-time English speaking guide/driver
- international flights and visas
- personal expenditure on stuff like telephone fares, alcoholic and soft drinks