5 Days gorilla and chimpanzee safari
5 Days gorilla and chimpanzee safari is one of the best wildlife & primate experiences one can take on as you get exposed to amazing national parks in Uganda. Your 5 Days gorilla and chimpanzee safari will start with an adventure of gorilla trekking in the Bwindi forest where you will encounter the endangered gorillas and spend time with them. You will also see a variety of primate species such as vervet monkeys, black and white colobus monkeys, red tailed monkeys. During your 5 Days Chimpanzee & Gorilla Trekking tour, you will also have a cultural experience where you will see local crafts and artwork. You will also have a stop at the equator. You will also experience the tree-climbing lions in the ishasha sector as you visit Queen Elizabeth national park where you will also engage in a boat ride along the kazinga channel.
Highlights of the 5 Days Chimpanzee & Gorilla Trekking tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking
- Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 4: Chimpanzee Trekking
- Day 5: Departure
Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Bwindi national park
- Transfer to Bwindi: You will be picked up by your guide who will welcome you and brief you about your 5 days trip to Queen Elizabeth and Bwindi national park. After the briefing with your guide, you will proceed to the equator where you will have a brief stopover for photographic moments. You will also visit the local craft shops where you will see the local crafts and artworks which are handmade with local materials at the equator. After the equator experience, you will have a lunch break in Mbarara where you will experience the unique Ankole culture and learn more about their traditions, long-horned cattle, how they milk cows and make ghee locally and you will also visit the Igongo cultural center. After lunch, you will proceed to drive to Bwindi national park where you will have dinner and overnight at Buhoma haven lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: You will wake up for an early morning breakfast at your lodge. After your breakfast, you will be driven to the park headquarters to start your gorilla trekking experience. At the park headquarters, you will be briefed about the rules and regulations of gorilla trekking. You will also be divided into groups of 8 people to trek one gorilla group and spend 1 hour with the gorillas. During the gorilla trekking experience, you will follow different trails in the impenetrable forest as you search for the gorillas in their natural habitat. After the gorilla trekking experience, you will trek back to the briefing point at the park headquarters where you will be met by your guide who will drive you back to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Buhoma haven lodge.
Day 3: Transfer from Bwindi national park to Queen Elizabeth national park
- Transfer to Queen: You will wake up for an early breakfast at your lodge. After breakfast, you will check out of your lodge and proceed to drive out of Bwindi national park to Queen Elizabeth national park via the Ishasha sector. During the drive through the Ishasha sector, you will have an experience watching the tree climbing lions as they hunt and relax up in the tree branches. You will also see other wildlife species in the savanna plains of this national park. You will proceed to check-in at your lodge for dinner and overnight at Park view safari lodge.
Day 4: Chimpanzee tracking and evening boat cruise
- Chimpanzee Trekking: You will wake up for an early breakfast at your lodge as you prepare for chimpanzee tracking. After breakfast, you will be driven to the Kyambura forest where you will begin your chimpanzee tracking activity. On arrival at the park headquarters, you will be briefed about the chimpanzee tracking activity. After the briefing, you will trek into the forest as you search for the chimpanzees in their natural habitat. During this activity, you will also see a variety of birds and tree species as well as many butterflies and primates such as the black and white colobus monkeys, vervet monkeys, red tailed monkeys.
- Boat Cruise: You will return to your lodge after chimpanzee trekking as you prepare for your next activity. Your guide will drive you from your lodge to the Kazinga channel where you will see numerous hippos swimming in the channel and moving along the water shores. Other wildlife species which can be seen in the grassland thickets in the northern part of this channel include lions, Uganda kobs, buffaloes, elephants, antelopes, the Nile crocodile, waterbucks, leopards among others. You will be driven back to your lodge after the evening boat ride for dinner and overnight at Park view safari lodge.
Day 5: Transfer to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: On the last day of your 5 days trip, you will wake up for an early morning breakfast after which you will check out of your lodge. After checking out of the lodge, you will drive out of the national park and continue your journey to Kampala. Your guide will drop you off at your preferred location in Kampala which will mark the end of your 5 Days Chimpanzee & Gorilla Trekking tour.
End of the 5 Days Chimpanzee & Gorilla Trekking