5 Days Uganda Primates Tour is an amazing Uganda Safari tour that attracts quite a number of travelers to experience gorillas and chimpanzees in the Forests. On the 5 Days Uganda Primates Tour, you will discover the secrets in unique apes that share over 90% DNA with humans. Visit the most popular Uganda National Parks like Bwindi Impenetrable national park home of Mountain Gorillas & Kibale forest national park the primate capital of the world.
Highlights of 5 Days Uganda Primates Tour
- Day 1: Transfer Kibale forest national park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking & Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi
- Day 4: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi
- Day 5: Drive to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
- Day 1: Transfer to Kibale National Park
Transfer to Kibale: Start your day with an early morning breakfast at your hotel in Kampala or Entebbe. After breakfast, your guide will pick you up and transfer to Kibale national park. We will have a stopover in Fort portal town for lunch. After our lunch, we have a relaxing brief time before we head to Kibale national park where we check in our lodge for refreshments. Dinner and overnight at Chimpanzee Guest House
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Chimpanzee Trekking: Wake up early for our breakfast then we drive to the park headquarters where we will be briefed. After the briefing, we drive to the starting point where we enter the forest to start trekking the exuberant chimp families. Tracking chimpanzees in their natural habitat, as some of them swing from the canopy of the trees while the young ones enjoy playing. Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale National Park is a thrilling experience. Kibale forest is a home of 13 primate species with others include different species of Monkeys.
- Bigodi Swamp Walk: After chimpanzee trekking, we drive back to our hotel for some brief rest before we go for the Bigodi swamp walk. This is a valuable addition to your Chimpanzee trekking experience. The swamp walk takes 1 to 2 hours but worth a visit as it’s a compliment of the missed primate species in the forest. It is also rich with bird species, reptiles, butterflies, dragonflies, and others.
- Transfer to Queen: Return to the lodge for lunch and embark on your journey to Queen Elizabeth national park arriving late afternoon. Dinner and overnight at Mweya Safari Lodge or Parkview lodge
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi
- Game Drive: Go for an early morning enroute game drive in the Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth national park. This is famous for the rare tree-climbing lions and some of the other big 5 animals like African elephants, buffalos, antelopes, impala, among others and a lot of birds.
- Transfer to Bwindi: After our game drive, we continue with our drive to Bwindi impenetrable national park with enroute lunch stop. We will arrive at the park in the evening. You will check in your lodge for refreshments and enjoy the fresh breath of the tropical forest as we wait for our dinner to be served. dinner and overnight stay at Buhoma Haven Lodge or Icumbi Gorilla lodge
Day 4: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi
- Gorilla Trekking: This is our long-awaited and the highlight of our 5 Days Uganda Primates Tour. Have an early morning breakfast and head to the park headquarters for briefing by the ranger guides. After briefing you will be subdivided into groups of 8 members and each group is allocated on gorilla family. After grouping, we now head into the forest and trek the gorillas. Gorilla trekking can take 2 to 8 hours depending on the movement of the gorillas. This is a unique wildlife experience in Uganda. Taking one hour with these apes is like living for a million years in this world. After finding the gorillas in Bwindi, you will be allowed only 1 hour and then return back to the park headquarters where you will receive your Gorilla Trekking Certificates. Your driver/guide will drive you back to the camp to relax in the evening.
- Optional Activities: There are more optional activities that can be done in the evening like community walk, birding, cultural tours like visiting the Batwa Later come back to your lodge for dinner and overnight Buhoma Haven Lodge or Icumbi Gorilla lodge.
Day 5: Drive to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: We now summarize our 5 Days Uganda Primates Tour with heavy African breakfast before we drive back to Kampala or Entebbe International Airport. We will have a lunch break at Mbarara town and another stop at Equator for pictures before we continue with our drive to Kampala. Enjoy an early morning breakfast transfer back to Kampala, have stopover for lunch at Mbarara, proceed to Equator have brief stopover then continue with your drive to Kampala.
- Airport Pick up and drop off
- Gorilla permit
- Chimpanzee permit
- Park entrance fees
- 4X4 Safari vehicle and fuel
- Full-time English speaking Guide/Driver.
- All accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Bottled drinking water while on safari.
- Air tickets.
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, email, laundry, beverages or meals not indicated in the itinerary, Portage and wait staff gratuity.
See also: 5 Days gorilla and chimpanzee safari