2 Days Mabira Forest & Source of the Nile
2 Days Mabira Forest & Source of the Nile trip is one of the short trips to Jinja where you will get to enjoy nature’s attractions in Uganda. Your 2 Days Mabira Forest & Source of the Nile trip will be a memorable adventure at the source of the Nile and through Mabira for an experience in one of Africa’s rainforests. You will engage in forest walks through this African rainforest and also engage in zip lining as you see the various tree species and bid species found in the Mabira forest. Your trip will also take you to Uganda’s adventure capital Jinja for extreme activities such as white water rafting at the Itanda falls. You will also interact with the local community and experience their way of life, learn their traditions, see local art and craftwork and visit craft shops. You will also have a brief experience at the Mahatma Gandhi memorial site at the source of the Nile where you will hear about his legendary attributes. You will also enjoy a relaxing boat cruise as you watch the beautiful sunset along the waters of the Nile.
Highlights of the 2 Days Mabira Forest & Source of the Nile trip
- Day 1: Pick Up & Transfer to Jinja
- Day 2: Community walk & WaterFalls Activities
Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Jinja
- Transfer to Jinja: You will be picked up by your guide at your location in Kampala and you will be briefed about the details of your 2 days trip to Jinja. After the briefing, you will be driven to Jinja with a stop at Mabira.
- Mabira Forest Experience: You will experience the beauty of nature in this rainforest where you will engage in zip lining, forest walks, and bird watching.
- Check-in: After the Mabira forest experience, you will be driven to Jinja where you will have lunch at 2 friends Jinja hotel.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, you will proceed to the source of the Nile where you will enjoy a relaxing boat ride along the Nile where you will also see a variety of bird species as you sit back and enjoy the sunset.
- Crafts and Mahatma Gandhi Tour: You will then proceed to the shores of the Nile where you will be taken through the busy craft shops to the Mahatma Gandhi memorial site. At the Gandhi website, you will be told all about the great works of Gandhi and his influence around the world. You will proceed to your lodge for the night after the experience at the source of the Nile for dinner and overnight at Jinja Nile Resort.
Day 2: Community walk and falls activities
- Check-out & Jinja City tour: You will wake up for breakfast at your lodge on the 2nd day of your trip to Jinja. After breakfast, you will check out of your lodge and proceed to drive to Jinja town where you will visit the Jinja market and also interact with the local community of the blog. You will also visit the Budhumbula palace (shrine) to learn about the Busoga kingdom and to see local art and crafts of the Basoga people.
- Itanda Falls Experience: After the tour around Jinja, you will have lunch in Jinja town and then proceed to the Itanda falls. On arrival at the Itanda falls, you will go to the meeting point where you will begin your rafting adventure. You will be provided with the necessary safety equipment and then you will be grouped into teams as you head out to the rafts. After the rafting experience, you will return to the point where you started your rafting experience and you will be driven out of Jinja as you make your journey back to Kampala.
See also: 1 Day Jinja Source of the Nile Tour